Participate in governance
Learn where to discuss potential changes to Balanced, how to vote on the changes proposed, and submit a proposal of your own.
bBALN holders have the power to vote on changes to Balanced, and decide where money is spent. To participate in discussions about the future of Balanced, go to gov.balanced.network.
Vote on proposals
To view all proposals submitted on Balanced, go to the Vote page.
Click a proposal to view a short summary, then review the forum discussion to gain a full understanding of the changes.
If the voting period is active, you can vote:
- Sign in with a wallet that holds bBALN.
- Choose to approve or reject the proposal, then confirm the transaction.
The voting period can last anywhere from 1 to 14 days. Your voting weight is based on the amount of bBALN you held when voting began.
For a proposal to be approved, at least 20% of the total bBALN needs to participate in the vote, and 66.67% need to be in favour.
Submit a proposal
If you want to make changes to Balanced, start a discussion on the forum to validate your idea, then submit a proposal for bBALN holders to vote on.
To submit a proposal, you’ll need to pay a fee of 100 bnUSD, and have at least 0.1% of the total bBALN in your wallet. If the proposal is approved, the fee will be refunded.
Discuss your proposed changes
If you have an idea for a proposal:
- Share your proposal on the forum under Proposal Discussions.
- Receive feedback from the community and adjust your proposal if necessary.
- Submit your final proposal under the ‘BIPs’ (Balanced improvement proposals) or ‘DAO Fund proposals’ category.
Submit your proposal on Balanced
Go to app.balanced.network/vote/new-proposal, then:
- Enter a title of up to 100 characters. It should lead with the BIP or DFP, and be as clear and concise as possible (e.g.
BIP3: Increase origination fee to 1.15%).
- Provide the link to your BIP or DFP posted on gov.balanced.network.
- Choose a vote duration from 1-14 days. 5 days is standard, but 1 day is suitable for urgent changes and 14 is best for proposals seeking maximum engagement.
- Add a summary of up to 500 characters to the Description field. Note that line breaks, lists, or other formatting will be ignored.
- For non-text proposals, click ‘Add a contract call’ and enter your proposed changes.
- Click Submit, then pay 100 bnUSD to complete the transaction.
Your proposal will be added to the Vote page, and voting will begin after the next daily snapshot (6pm UTC).