Transfer assets cross-chain
Learn how to move assets between ICON and supported blockchains.
Balanced includes support for ICON Bridge, so you can transfer assets between supported blockchains. Transfer crypto from BNB Smart Chain to ICON in order to trade or deposit as collateral on Balanced. Other blockchains will become available as ICON's interoperability efforts come to fruition.
- 1.Go to the Trade page, then click 'Transfer assets between blockchains'.
- 2.Choose the blockchain you want to transfer assets from (BNB Smart Chain or ICON), then choose a wallet: Metamask or an ICON wallet (you can access a Ledger through both).
- 3.Choose a blockchain to transfer assets to, then choose an asset and the amount to transfer.
- 4.Enter a compatible wallet address to transfer the assets to.
- 5.Click Transfer, approve the asset if requested, then complete the transaction.
Cross-chain transfers are possible through ICON Bridge, a lightweight, centralised version of BTP, ICON's secure and trustless interoperability solution.
ICON Bridge recently completed a security audit (view the PDF). The ICON Foundation currently serves as the sole relay operator that passes messages and verifies all transactions between chains. Cross-chain transfers will become fully decentralised after the release of BTP 2.0 in early 2023.
The transfer fee is displayed in the app and will be added to the amount you wish to send. You'll also be subject to transaction fees on the blockchain you transfer from.
Before you can transfer non-native assets, like sICX, bnUSD, and BALN, you'll be asked to approve them for transfer. Approval is required every time you transfer those assets.
If you're having trouble with your wallets, learn how to set up Hana and Metamask and add custom tokens.
If you transfer an asset like sICX, bnUSD, or BALN from ICON to BSC, the funds will be moved to the smart contract in the initial approval transaction. If you fail to complete the transfer, go back to the transfer modal. After you choose the correct wallet and asset, you'll see a balance awaiting transfer.