Learn how to swap assets on the Balanced decentralised exchange.
You can exchange a number of different assets on the Balanced Trade page.
In the Swap section:
- 1.Choose an asset to swap, then select any asset to receive.
- 2.Enter an amount for one of the assets. The other will automatically fill based on the current rate, with any fees factored in.
- 3.Check the price impact and the minimum you’ll receive, then click the amount to view the exchange rate, trade route, and fee, and adjust the slippage tolerance up to 10% if necessary.
- 4.Click Swap and complete the transaction.
To swap assets that aren't listed by default, click an asset in the Swap section to open the asset selector, then click 'Add community token list'.
If the token you want isn't on the community token list, paste the asset's contract address in the search box. Click Import, check that the details are correct, then add it to Balanced. You can remove it from the asset selector at any time.
If your swap involves bnUSD and another stablecoin, you may see an option to interact with the Stability Fund. To maintain the price of bnUSD, you can trade it 1:1 with approved stablecoins, minus a 0.5% fee.
How to use the Stability Fund:
- If bnUSD is above $1, send IUSDC or USDS to the Stability Fund to mint an equivalent amount of bnUSD (minus a 0.5% fee). Sell the bnUSD at a premium for more stablecoins, and repeat until it's no longer profitable.
- If bnUSD is below $1, send bnUSD to the Stability Fund to burn it, and receive an equivalent amount of IUSDC or USDS (minus a 0.5% fee). Use it to buy cheap bnUSD, and repeat until it's no longer profitable.
To limit Balanced's risk exposure for each stablecoin, the Stability Fund has a limit of 2.5 million IUSDC and 2 million USDS. The DAO can vote to increase the limits or support additional stablecoins at any time.