Borrow Balanced Dollars
Learn how to deposit collateral, mint Balanced Dollars, optimise your risk, and close your position.
Balanced has a stablecoin called Balanced Dollars (bnUSD). You can borrow ("mint") Balanced Dollars for 0% interest, and earn Balance Tokens while your loan is active.
Before you can mint Balanced Dollars, you'll need to deposit collateral:
- 1.Go to the collateral section on the Home page and choose the asset you want to deposit. Each collateral type is a separate position with a different risk profile.
- 2.Click Deposit and choose the amount. The loan section will display how much bnUSD this will allow you to borrow.
- 3.Click Confirm and complete the transaction.
Borrow Balanced Dollars against your collateral for 0% interest:
- 1.Click Borrow in the loan section and choose the amount (minimum of 10 bnUSD).
- 2.Use the position details section to assess your risk ratio.
- 3.Click Confirm and complete the transaction. You'll need to pay a one-off, 0.75% fee.
Some or all of your collateral will be locked until you reduce the size of your loan.
Use the position details section to monitor your risk and make calculated adjustments for each position. It includes the price your collateral has to reach before all your collateral is locked and your position gets liquidated.
If you've deposited multiple collateral types, make sure to check the status of each position regularly.
To repay your loan, click Adjust or Repay in the loan section and reduce the amount.
To withdraw collateral, click Adjust or Withdraw in the collateral section, then reduce the amount. If you still have a loan, you can only withdraw up to the Locked label.