Comment on page
Balanced is a DAO owned and operated by bBALN holders. Although it is a DAO, it’s still important to ensure a group of people are dedicated to actively developing the product. With Balanced Worker Tokens (BALW), we can make this possible.
Balanced worker tokens are entitled to a certain portion of the daily Balance Token inflation. At launch, and unless bBALN holders vote otherwise, Balanced worker tokens will be entitled to 20% of the Balance Token inflation.
There will only be 100 BALW, with the allocation split between the initial workers: Lydia Labs, ICONOsphere, PARROT9, Mousebelt, ICON DAO, and sudoblock.
The governance process of Balanced will start off simple, but is subject to change by bBALN holders:
- To propose a change, you must hold at least 0.1% of the total bBALN supply
- More than 66% of bBALN must vote in favour of any change or DAO Fund proposal
- All votes must meet a minimum quorum of 20% of bBALN
bBALN holders can propose and vote on a number of changes, such as:
- Adjusting fees
- Adjusting fee distributions
- Adjusting inflation allocations
- Adjusting Loan to Value (collateral ratio) requirements
- Adjusting the Balanced governance process
- Spending assets held in the DAO Fund
- Adding new collateral types